Followers

Monday 13 August 2018

Jewelry, like art, speaks to each of us in different ways. #Pearls

When I decided to re-enter the fascinating world of Estate, Vintage and Antique jewelry, one of my first stops was an online Dupuis auction. It was on that stop that I found the exquisite gray baroque  pearl ring below:


Talk about love at first site! This antique ring with its 14k gold leafy setting was so different. I just had to buy it. Well I didn't have it long. Almost as soon as it was listed on #Forevagems, it was sold. But what it did for me was rekindle my appreciation of pearl jewels. 

I even started a board called PEARLESSENCE dedicated to pearls on Pinterest. Check it out when you have time. There's some incredible pearl jewelry on there, including this Coral Black Pearl beauty created by Arosha on ETSY:

Coral Black Pearl Ring by Arosha on ETSY
Isn't Arosha's work superb? And the colour of that black pearl...well it's breathtaking!

At an online auction run by HERITAGE AUCTIONS, I discovered and bid on this outstanding Pearl & Diamond Spray ring shown below.  I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this one for the first time. Then I couldn't believe my eyes when within a week, a diamond had fallen out and had to be replaced! Just after that was done, a prong holding said diamond fell out altogether! Oh the woes of buying vintage jewelry! 



Of course, I had to get it repaired and was most fortunate to discover a jewelry repair service offered by Rudix Jewellery in Hamilton. His jeweler did a fantastic job, and just this past week, the lady who purchased this ring from me, left me this lovely feedback on her beautiful pearl diamond ring: 

"This is the most amazing ring. It is like wearing the universe on your finger. The pearl is the sun and all the diamonds are the planets. I love this ring!"

Needless to say, her comment made my day! But it also showed how jewelry, like art, speaks to each of us in different ways. 

Just today, one of Forevagems' pearl loving clients in Australia received this absolutely adorable Victorian Cultured Pearl Daisy Ring below. We know she will love it because as good as our photos are, no camera lens with only one eye, as it were, can quite capture what we see with two eyes! The glitter in the diamonds in that daisy ring is unreal!

Victorian Cultured Pearl Daisy Ring recently sold by Forevagems
Well, that's it for today's post, except to give you advance notice that starting Friday, August 17th, Ruby Lane is holding a 50% off RED TAG SALE for 72 hours. These are sales you don't want to miss. And of course, ForEVAgems is participating. You can already preview ForEVAgems RED TAG SALE items now. Looking forward to having you browse our selection. Ciao for now!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts

CATCHING UP WITH CUSTOMERS POST-COVID

Long time no see is putting it mildly! Our Forevagems #vintage #jewelry blog has been neglected for far too long, thanks to Covid. But we’re...