Followers

Sunday 5 August 2018

An incomparable #brooch for #ArtDeco fans and collectors


While surfing then net a month or two back, I came across this rather incredible Art Deco brooch that sold at a Leonard Joel Auction back in 2010 for $26,000!  I have never seen a piece like this so I thought there might be other Art Deco jewelry lovers out there who would be as awed as I was. 

It's a brooch made of opals, conch shell and diamonds. Apart from the magnificent design, what caught my eye first was that large fiery opal. Look at those colours! The entire piece is set in platinum. The original estimate for what this brooch would fetch was $10, 000- $12, 000. At a guess, the person who consigned this must have been thrilled by what someone else wanted to pay for it. 

If I had that kind of money, I would have bought it too. Oh well, a girl can dream. 

You can read all the details on this Art Deco marvel at THIS LINK. It is definitely something I'd classify as a "forevagem", wouldn't you? Let me know what you think of it in your comments or feedback. Thanks for visiting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts

CATCHING UP WITH CUSTOMERS POST-COVID

Long time no see is putting it mildly! Our Forevagems #vintage #jewelry blog has been neglected for far too long, thanks to Covid. But we’re...